Sunday 22 March 2015

Craft Show Run Down

So as promised I thought I would give you a quick run down of the annual Stitches & Craft show held in Brisbane over the weekend.  I know every die hard scrapbooker saves themselves for June long weekend as that is when Brisbane gets invaded with all things paper, however the shows that are held in March & Oct do have some paper based craft stalls and ideas and sometimes you may just spot something new!

Catchy Crafts were here again and they were demonstrating a new motorised cuttlebug which I think is perfect for you ladies suffering from RSI or arthritis - the handle can be used or use it fully motorised very cool and compact.

http://www.catchycrafts.com.au/

The other interesting item which has caught my eye a few times at these shows is Powertex Fabric Hardener but I have missed out on their workshops each time for one reason or another. According to their website it is a liquid textile hardener - I think the application for this in the mixed media / scrapbooking world is just waiting to be explored as I haven't really seen anyone using it in this way yet.

http://www.powertex.com.au/

Lastly and probably one of the most exciting things I saw from a paper crafting perspective was a little item known as a "Pringo". It is a small portable WiFi printer!!!!!! It prints photos from iTunes and Andriod devices with the finished product about the size of a credit card.  Great if you wanted to do a collage of photos in your scrapbooking or off the page project. They retail online for around $170 with some paper thrown in and the app which goes with it allows for some very cool photo editing just to add your own flair.

http://apedistribution.com.au/

Hope you enjoy just a few of the items I thought were blogworthy!

Cheers
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment