Thursday 30 July 2015

Being Creatively Flexible!

So today I wanted to show a project I finished a few years ago of my Grandmother when she was a little girl, but to also illustrate the ability to be flexible with our creative minds.

It's very easy to see in the papercrafting industry those teachers / designers who have a particular style and they of course have the dedicated following who love what they do.  Some of them like mixed media, some like a whole page of negative space with one photo, some just like plain old cards and layouts.  There is of course nothing wrong with this as that is their signature style and they may have tried other forms of papercrafting and it just didn't flick their switch!

For me it is about being flexible and not putting myself in a pigeon hole of creativity, I need to be a jack of all trades and whilst that is not always easy it definitely keeps the creativity flowing. 

If you look at this project and compare to some of my others you can see that it has very different styling and feel to some of my other work but the composition and basic design principles are there.

Hope you are all having a great week.






Keep Creating!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment